Here’s How it Works
I COME TO YOU
As a convenience to families, I will come to your location for the session. My schedule is much more flexible than most and I am able to be somewhere at a given time without much difficulty. I don’t want people to be stressed about trying to finish work, fight with traffic, and follow directions to try and find me by a set appointment time. You give me an address and time and I will be there when you get home (or wherever). This way you can relax in familiar surroundings, take phone calls, and have a bite to eat — if you like.
I spent an entire month after my guidance practicum was finished compiling a rather comprehensive portfolio. To complete this project, I collected what I felt was the most relevant data and information that students and parents would need (and like) to know about private college advising. I give examples of how my program works and scenarios of various aspects of college admissions where I may be able to assist families. There is a section that includes my resume, transcripts, references, and paperwork from the Florida Department of Education verifying my work experience and background.
ABOUT THE MEETING
I will go wherever is most convenient to your family. It is important to have the applicant present during this conference, as he/she needs to have a firm understanding of the amount of work and time commitment that will be required of them. When we meet and after we have discussed your child’s specific situation, you may then review my portfolio. You may take as much (or as little) time as you like. Consultations usually average about an hour and a half in length. No decision needs to be made at this time and we can set a date for me to contact you for further follow-up.
OUTSIDE THE TRI-COUNTY AREA OF SOUTH FLORIDA
If you don’t happen to live in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach counties, you may still receive my advising. My program is set up to maximize current technology. As a result, the whole process can be completed simply by using telephones, email, and websites. If you would like for me to meet with you for the initial consultation, then I would need to be reimbursed for travel expenses related to coming to your location. After that, you would be making payments and receiving advising just like any other family that is local to me.
BASIC STEPS INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS
- Meet me at a function or have my name referred to you.
- Go to the website printed on my business card and read through it.
- Check your schedule and call me to set up a time/date for us to meet.
- We get together (with student) for a consultation to preview my program.
- After this, we then discuss the student’s individual situation.
- The family takes time to decide if they would like to employ my services.
- I contact the family (or vice versa) to find out the decision reached.
- If it is agreed to move forward together, then an initial deposit is required.
- I will begin working with the student and a timeline will be established.
- I will continue to advise the family even after the student has graduated.